Generally, a report is often information about an event which can also be a work report, about a job which has been done. It gives factual information. Report writing is important in all areas of work and the language and layout of a report is important to ensure that the information is accurate and easily understood. Writing a report is also part of a scientific research. The author should have in mind the audience the report is intended for and interestingly, this is what constitutes the basic objective of the report. Usually, a report is often written in formal language and is not personal. In the concluding part a personal evaluation can be given based on the available contents of the report.
The report has to be short, well structured and at the same time rich in content to pass the desired information. An ideal work report or an event should contain or have the following structure and layout:
- Heading: - which provides an accurate information about the main idea of the report,
- Preface: - which contains information on how the research was conducted, financed and executed,
- Table of content: - which indicates page numbers for all chapters and subsections,
- Introduction: which describes the practical, technical or scientific interest of the study, defines the problems and determine your hypotheses,
- Main part: describes the work in a step by step manner. Sub-headings can be used if there are a lot of details. It gives details of the materials and methods, and a description of the process of the experiments, with sufficient details for other researches to evaluate the work and reproduce the experiments, the results, should be presented in an easy and understandable way, discussions should be explained if the results support the current hypothesis and what the outcome is.
- Conclusion: which is one of the most important part of the report and with this, the reader should be able to know if the report is interesting relating to a particular subject area or not. The conclusion should not be a repetition of the summary and finally the literature and references.
WFL Publisher is readily available to join your project and write or publish a comprehensive work report with the exactness and correctness that is required with all the given details for your work report.
Work Report Submission Form