Become a Reviewer
In the scientific publication process, it is very important how well reviewers appraise the feature and contents of manuscripts or reviews and how their recommendations could influence editors’ decisions to acknowledge or refuse the paper(s).
We are focused on our commitment to honesty in scientific publication and thanks to our reviewers. Those who are familiar with the scientific fields, with great writing skills, and passionate about expressing ideas and information in a scientific environment are welcome to join our staff of reviewers. As a reviewer, you will help editors decide whether or not to publish articles. They are a critical part of the process that finalizes manuscripts or journals for publication.
Manuscript reviewers are vital to the publication process, and reviewers will gain valuable experience in scientific publishing. We invite you to become a reviewer of our papers, articles and journals. Below are some benefits of being a reviewer:
- It opens incredible doors and opportunities. A review service enhances core competences, knowledge and professional standards which enables reviewer to earn the respect of peers.
- Reviewing experience will attract you to be member of an editorial board.
- Reviewers who require financial support could get discount to publish their articles in WFL journals.
In order to provide a good review, thoughtful and well-balanced report with proposed improvements for our authors, reviewers should be prepared to invest their time to effectively evaluate manuscript thoroughly.
Members of the Peer Review Board may submit articles in their areas of expertise, suggest topics to be covered and give ongoing advice to the editors. The editors will take the final decision on the acceptance or refusal of an article submitted for publication.
- Summaries the article/proposal
- Double check research for integrity
- Give suggestions on layout and format
- Give impressions or feedback on the text
- Suspected plagiarism or fraud must be pointed out
- Understand the journal standards and uphold them within the review
- Safeguarding the quality and integrity of scientific and scholarly research
- Assess the validity, quality and often the originality of articles for publication
- Providing written, unbiased feedback in a timely manner on the scholarly merits and the scientific value of the work, together with the documented basis for the reviewer’s opinion
- Indicating whether the writing is clear, concise, and relevant and rating the work’s composition, scientific accuracy, originality, and interest to the journal’s readers
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the review process: not sharing, discussing with third parties, or disclosing information from the reviewed paper
- Expansion of knowledge and expertise in the scientific field.
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Career advancement in research and increased reputation
- Up-to-date in latest scientific discoveries
- Becomes part of a larger network of editors and other research groups
Are you eligible?
- Be sure that the journals and materials for review matches your area of expertise
- Great comprehension skills and ability to correctly interpret text
- Clearly written and yet a simple effective review
- Fluent English speaker or native speaker
Those looking to apply as a reviewer, send in your CV with a letter of motivation by form.